Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Countdown to Christmas

"Happy, happy Christmas, that can win us
back to the delusions of our childish days;
that can recall to the old man the pleasures
of his youth; that can transport the sailor and
the traveller, thousands of miles away, back
to his own fire-side and his quiet home!"
                    ~Charles Dickens

   December is here and the countdown to Christmas is on! My lovely friend Erica at Meadowstreet sent a pretty advent calendar with a recent Christmas order and I have sat it in my room where I can count off the days. When I was a little girl those days couldn't pass quickly enough - but now I enjoy every single one and with so many things to do, gifts to buy, and get-togethers to prepare for I need every hour of every day to get ready! I have already said I love pastels at Christmas but that doesn't mean that I don't love the reds and golds as well! My sister loves colour at Christmas and so her things are very bright and cheery. I took a few random snapshots of some of her wrapping frippery and a couple more pictures of my home as well which I hope you will like. I just finished this Christmas Tree drawing for a wonderful customer and friend, Linda, and I thought I would share that as well. I hope everyone is enjoying the season! 







 












Also there are some new pretties in the Etsy shop so be sure to have a look!


I am sharing with:
What's It Wednesday

3 comments:

  1. Everything is so beautiful! I hope you enjoy your lovely home this Christmas. I haven't even started decorating yet...I need to get moving! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic drawing, Jennelise! So cute. Your artistic style is so refreshing, and it just makes me feel good to see it. Blessings, Bess

    ReplyDelete